1.04.2010

Family Pictures


Well, it took three weeks to coordinate, but we finally got everyone together to take family pictures. This is something my family hasn't done in a very long time. And now I remember why. After much debate and rescheduling, we settled on Sunday at 3pm. Everyone would meet at my parents house and we would take the pictures in front of the wood pile. It would look rustic, but not like a back drop.



Now, what to wear. My mom had bought my nephews matching sweaters to wear for their annual pictures at Sears, so we went with a color palate that would match that. Everyone was told to wear blue jeans and either a red, black, or white shirt. The black was for me, being only 3 1/2 months post baby, I need it to cover the jiggly parts.

Finally, it is time. Everyone has arrived, the Redskins are winning, time to get the pictures before the skins loose and ruin the moods of my brothers. We start out inside and take some pictures in front of the bay window. My mom has dragged out this horrible picture we took in the 90s and now we are trying to recreate it. It is a shame my younger brother weighs about 150 pounds more now than when we originally took it.



Next, we move on to our outdoor shots.  This actually goes remarkable well.  We took a variety of shots that included the whole family, each individual family, grandparents and grandkids, ect.  Emily was kind enough to take the picture for us and I don't think I can ever thank her enough.

 Alex did very well during the photo shoot, but by the end, he was unamused and wanted a nap.  I am happy to say that we not only got some great shots, but actually had enough to make books for my parents and siblings that included pictures of Alex and the family from 2009.  They made for great Christmas presents.




No comments:

Post a Comment